Robots. Data. Analysis. Opinion.
Robotics Data aims to help companies seeking to market to or partner with commercial and industrial robotics companies. We offer a unique mix of experience in writing, consulting, analysis and business development to provide your company with the most accurate data surrounding a particular market and the impact of robotics in that market.
Latest news from
- A3: North American Robot Orders Up 20% Over 2020Substantial increases in robot orders from the metals sector, pharmaceuticals, food and consumer goods helped drive a 20% increase in North American robot orders during the first quarter of 2021, the Association for Advancing Automation (A3) reported today. The Q1 2021 numbers were also the second-largest quarter ever for non-automotive sector robot sales, as companies recovering from COVID-19 slowdowns realize… Read more »
- Harmonic Bionics Raises $7M for Exoskeleton DevelopmentHarmonic Bionics, a robotics company that aims to augment human movement, has announced closing $7 million in Series A funding. The new funds will support the company’s clinical research efforts and enable an increase in product development to bringing its advanced upper extremity rehabilitation technology to market. Read more »
- AeroVironment Completes Telerob Acquisition for UGV PortfolioAeroVironment, which develops intelligent, multi-domain robotic systems, has announced it was granted clearance from the German government for its previously announced acquisition of Telerob Gesellschaft für Fernhantierungstechnik mbH (Telerob), in a $45.4 million (€37.5 million) cash transaction. This includes a payoff of about $9.4 million (€7.8 million) in Telerob’s debt at closing, with Telerob now operating as a wholly-owned subsidiary… Read more »
- Argo AI Introduces New Lidar for Delivery, Ride-Hail ServicesPittsburgh-based Argo AI has introduced Argo Lidar, which it says overcomes limitations preventing most competitors from commercializing autonomous delivery and ride-hail services. The Argo Self-Driving System (SDS) is capable of 360-degree awareness day or night, and can safely drive on city streets, suburban neighborhoods, and now at highway speeds. Read more »
- Precision AI Raises $20M for Drone-Based Agriculture SystemPrecision AI, a computer vision and robotics company dedicated to sustainable farming practices, has announced closing $20 million in equity and grant funding. The seed round was co-led by At One Ventures (founded by GoogleX co-founder Tom Chi) and the Industrial Innovation Venture Fund of BDC Capital. The new financing will support the company’s work on a disruptive precision farming… Read more »
- Miso Robotics Launches CookRight Software to Increase Accuracy in KitchensMiso Robotics, which develops intelligent automation solutions for the foodservice industry, has announced a stand-alone software as a service (SaaS) offering, CookRight. The artificial intelligence-powered cooking platform can automatically identify and track products and tasks within a kitchen. Read more »
- Path Robotics Raises $56M for Autonomous Robot Welding SystemColumbus, Ohio-based Path Robotics, which is developing an autonomous robotic welding system, has announced raising $56 million in Series B funding, bringing the total invested into the company to $71 million. Leading the round was Addition, joining returning investors Drive Capital, Basis Set, and Lemnos Lab. Read more »
- Kroger to Provide Grocery Delivery Via Drone ExpressThe Kroger Co. and Drone Express have announced a pilot program to offer grocery delivery via autonomous drones, expanding the retailer’s ecosystem to provide customers with “anything, anytime, anywhere.” The pilot program will take flight this spring in the Midwest, the companies said in a statement. Read more »
- Innoviz, Vueron Team Up to Support Lidar-Only VehiclesInnoviz Technologies, which develops high-performance, solid-state lidar sensors and perception software, is teaming up with Vueron Technology, which develops lidar perception software and autonomous driving technology. The cooperation will help build an autonomous driving platform for lidar-only self-driving vehicles, the companies said in a statement. Read more »
- Symbio Robotics Teams with Ford Motor to Deploy AI-Controlled RobotsSymbio Robotics, which develops artificial intelligence for industrial robotics, has announced working with Ford Motor Company to deploy an AI-controlled robot at the automaker’s Livonia Transmission Plant. The robot is programmed and managed with Symbio’s robot-agnostic platform, SymbioDCS, to assemble transmissions for the Bronco Sport, Escape, and Edge, among others. Read more »